Monday, August 01, 2005

Who's Who

I was placed in Who's Who this week.

ohhh!!! ahhhh!!

I know this because the publisher called me and offered me, for the miserly sum of $900 + tax, the following package, exclusive to Who's Who members:

A leather-bound copy of Who’s Who 2006
A wood veneer plaque with my name and company logo laser inscribed! laser!
A 100 word biography and my photo in WW-2006
Other goodies.

Me:"I'm thrilled! I'd love to do this with the 'Deluxe Package'"

Salesguy: "Terrific! Let me just..."

Me: "Unfortunately, my participation in the Federal Witness Protection Program prohibits me from appearing in such compendium, especially those international in scope. You did say this was the Worldwide Who's Who, right?"

Salesguy: "Yes! yes! World wide. Did you say..."

Me: "ah, yes, well my hands are tied then"


I am such an ass.

Although I might go to the trophy shop and make a plaque now...

No comments: