Thursday, May 18, 2006

A Man in Search of an Argument

Darwin's worst nightmare. A single post and 850+ comments. I read a few.

Weird, but not uncommon. A guy starts a blog solely for the sake of arguing with the millions of folks who must obviously be waiting for him to show up, then seems disappointed when only his friends arrive. So he argues with them perpetuating a self-re-enforcing cycle of loneliness and isolation. I read into the first week or so and they seems, sort of sad.

I see this a lot and was worried for a while I was getting like this. All I can say is that I think folks like this must be very very lonely.

2 comments:

Brian Dunbar said...

I see this a lot and was worried for a while I was getting like this.

Hmm. I found your blog via TJIC. So via him you're networked to a guy in Wisconsin who himself doesn't get out much ...

MAH said...

As I said, I was worried I was getting like that.

The difference now is that I've restarted a blog *expecting* only a few freinds to show up and generally, I now stick to simple amusement.