Monday, August 07, 2006

Son, Can You Honestly Deny This?

Son,

I imagine you read the headline and said some form of "Good God! What's he done now!". In fact, I'd be willing to bet good money that you didn't want to read this post at all, much less this far into it. Congratulations on your courage and fortitude. I know it could not have been easy. It would have been simpler to ignore this whole post and get on with your life...

Well, simpler perhaps, but not easier. You would have been curious as to what I had done. Dreading perhaps the humiliation that could spring upon you unawares as you became a reluctant internet celebrity, or worse, having to explain to the Mormons on a bright Tuesday morning that while yes they are very nice, no you are not interested in finding out more about the Lord (as promised to them in that nice latter your father sent), and yes, he really does have some kind of brain problem about to be solved by you, your friend Remington Model 600 Magnum and the second amendment. Or perhaps it was simple curiosity to see just what the old man thinks normal adult behavior looks like these days. Certainly that discussion he had with the judge was illuminating if not, ultimately, productive.

Well, enough about that, you know how I go on. Now to the heart, as they say, of the matter.

Son, can you, in all honesty say to me that you've never done this???

Can you?

I thought not.

Ignore Me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be waiting for the response to this post!!!
8)

Anonymous said...

You sir, are a twisted individual!