Friday, June 15, 2007

The Cowardice of the Democrats

I bash the GOP a great deal in my commentary, largely because I think they are wrong about almost everything and they fairweather friends to the law and to libertarian principles. It's important to remember though that the dems are not much better.

No one has summed it up better than this and I quote in the entirity because I agree completely.

I think Kos is onto something:

Many Democrats, especially its pathetic consultant class, still believe that the way Democrats show "strength" is by huffing and puffing and threatening to bomb the "f" out of Iraq, Iran, Venezuela, or whatever the latest boogeyman of the moment might be.In reality, Democrats are seen as weak because they are afraid to stand for those things they believe in. And if they won't fight for what they believe in, how can voters trust them to fight for anything that truly matters, whether it's national security or anything else?

The lesson of Reagan and to a lesser extent Thatcher - the pre-eminent conviction politicians of my lifetime - is that even those who deeply disagreed with them eventually respected their ability to stand for something unpopular and to lead. When I look at the Democrats today, I see no such conviction. That's a problem. No one is worse than Clinton, of course.

http://www.typepad.com/t/trackback/2224950/19336916

No comments: