Sunday, October 21, 2007

What's the Word I am Looking For??

"Crushed" I think will fit the bill.

11-2, Yikes!

If Susan were alive today, I'm sure she would be jumping up and down about it. As it is, I didn't care too much about it until I heard from a co-worker they were in the play-offs. As he is a Cleveland fan, I sensed an opportunity for some gain and bet $100 on Boston

"You realize Cleveland is ahead 2 games to 1", he said.
"Yes, but if they can be down 3-0 against the Yankees and win, they can do anything."
"Okay, it's your loss..."

and thus a bet was made.

Tonight's dialog:

"Smell that? It smells like Victory!"
"Smells like ... shut up."
"I'm just glad I finally made a bet that doesn't end up with me mowing someone's lawn in a wedding dress..."

2 comments:

Tom Sisson said...

wow, i'm surprised you were aware that the Boston Red Sox play baseball, nevermind that they came back from down 0-3 to the Yankees in '04. nice bet. would you still have made the bet when we were down 1-3 to Cleveland? i had faith but not $100 worth of faith. ;)

it wasn't really much of a blowout until the 8th & 9th of Game 7. up until then it was too close for comfort.

MAH said...

hey! I know who plays the baseball!

I might have quailed at the 1-3 point, but the NY was so impressive it really stuck in my head.

Also, as I always say, it is better to be born lucky than smart!