Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Presidential Truth Table

So far for November, my voting choices look like this:

McCain-Clinton: McCain
McCain-Obama: Obama
McCain-Edwards:McCain

Romney-Clinton: Romney -although I think they are largely fungible
Romney-Obama: Obama
Romney-Edwards: Edwards

Huckabee-Clinton: Clinton
Huckabee-Obama: Obama
Huckabee-Paul: Write in for Jesus -hey, if you're going to go with magical thinking, go with the winning team.


I'm not a Clinton fan, but it's the re-tred of the '90s I would object to in another Clinton presidency. The 90s were very divisive politically and, with the war and all, we need a lot less of that right now. Obama may have no real ability as a manager, but he doesn't seem certifiably crazy and he'd bring some fresh air in with him. People see him as a change agent and set their actions and expectations accordingly, so while I think he's just as unqualified as anyone else, I do think he can act as a catalyst to bring out better behavior in others.

No comments: