Thursday, February 28, 2008

With Friends Like These...

I have thought now and again that I could vote for McCain. While I don't agree with him on a lot of things, I didn't think he was batshit crazy or someone else's puppet.

Things like this though, really drive me away:

Mr. McCain, who has been on a steady search for support among conservative and evangelical leaders who have long distrusted him, said he was “very honored'’ by Mr. Hagee’s endorsement. Asked about Mr. Hagee’s extensive writings on Armageddon and about what one questioner said was Mr. Hagee’s belief that the anti-Christ will be the head of the European Union, Mr. McCain responded that “all I can tell you is that I am very proud to have Pastor John Hagee’s support.'’

I simply wont vote for someone who thinks *this* generation is the protagonist in a 2000 year old end-of-the-world prophecy and is seeking to fulfill it by declairing non-stop war, I dont care how he tries to triangulate it.

No comments: