Monday, May 05, 2008

Guess What I Blew This Weekend?

Glass!

I took a weekend class at the Seattle Glassblowing Studio. It was a lot of fun, although a lot, lot harder than I expected. I got to dip my stick, work those 3 glory holes, and make a massive load of white hot glass.

Fun for the whole family!

I did manage to make some paperweights and some small Christmas ornaments. My suckie bowl was a mess though. Next time I want to take a class in making plates, which seems to be quite different than what we did this weekend.

Highly recommended and not as gay as it sounds.

1 comment:

TJIC said...

Three points for the subject line.

The glory hole reference is just too easy, though. No extra points.

"Load" was good, though.

Btw, did I ever tell you about the time I used the phrase "glory hole" in front of a startup's president, CFO, and engineering staff?