Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Play With Fire

get burned. :( 2nd degree burns all along my left arm from glassblowing last night. Apparently I was so intent on the piece I was working on (which ended up cracking btw), I failed to notice that I was roasting my uncovered arm. My pain sensitivity seems to be a little off, as I literally didn't notice it until I got home and was greeted by blisters and lots of oozing clear fluid. Dr. Mark has prescribed Neosporen and Tangeray for the pain. Actually, the weird part is, it doesn't hurt a bit, even today.

Also, last night was "graduation night" at glass blowing. We officially have the run of the shop and the 3 of us left in the class (people dropped every week as the pieces got increasingly complex) spent the whole evening making stuff. Same thing for next week, 4 hours with assistance in a glass shop. Hooray!

The bad part is, I now know how much I don't know about this, and finally realize just how much help my tutor has been. The good part is, I can hire him again for private lessons, and next level classes start soon. :)

No comments: