Thursday, September 04, 2008

Motivating the Base

I watched some of the Republican convention coverage last night, and even saw some of Palin's speech. It was really, truly inspirational and motivated me to do something I have never, ever done before. In this case, Palin motivated me to make my first ever 4-figure contribution to a political candidate! Unfortunately for her, it was Obama.

Enough is enough. The country can't take 4 more years of these jokers. Government by incompetence isn't working. I have problems with Obama, sure, but at least he seems to deliberate solutions instead of just off the cuff, cowboy asshatery.

3 comments:

Brian Dunbar said...

I'm reminded of a joke I first say in Mad Magazine ...

Good News - the all-star player you hired for $3,000,000 a year has united the team.

Bad News - they're united against him.

Brian Dunbar said...

Or a scene from a French Foreign Legion film where all the arabs in the world have crested a sand dune. Our legionaire heros are facing 4 million to one odds ..

'You've managed to unite the Arab tribes! Too bad they're united against us!'

Hmm. Was that Beau Geste?

Anonymous said...

Juno, this election campaign is Palin to insigificane.