Thursday, September 08, 2005

Father vs. Son

I played Geoff in Doom some number of years ago and this was exactly my experience:

I liked how, when we finally started, I was killed within eight seconds. Then I came back to life in another part of the game … and was again killed within eight seconds. I don't think I ever survived longer than 20 seconds. At one point I accidentally detonated something (maybe a plasma grenade) right next to myself. In that instance, I committed suicide before other players had a chance to kill me.
...
...

Seth: Yup, Xbox Live is definitely lacking in feminine energy. Though I think I managed to bring a bit of womanliness to the battlefield.


I am old.

1 comment:

MAH said...

Yes, you had to cheat with "god mode" on Quake.

I could remind you of the time, when you were 11, that I beat you at the Sega flight game so throughly you refused to play with me ever again...

But, seeing as I was a 32 year-old beating up on an 11 year-old, I think neither of us is exactly covered in glory.