Sunday, September 11, 2005

Funny if it were not so Sad

and predictable.

Firms with White House ties get Katrina contracts
FEMA taps Halliburton subsidiary, Shaw Group, Bechtel for cleanup

WASHINGTON (Reuters) -- Companies with ties to the Bush White House and the former head of FEMA are clinching some of the administration's first disaster relief and reconstruction contracts in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.
At least two major corporate clients of lobbyist Joe Allbaugh, President Bush's former campaign manager and a former head of the Federal Emergency Management Agency, have already been tapped to start recovery work along the battered Gulf Coast.
One is Shaw Group Inc. and the other is Halliburton Co. subsidiary Kellogg Brown and Root. Vice President Dick Cheney is a former head of Halliburton.


I can't wait for the 2006 elections and a return to 2 party government.

2 comments:

Brian Dunbar said...

I can't wait for the 2006 elections and a return to 2 party government.

The Democratic party has a plan then? Cause if all they do is repeat the last go-round ) and allow the Daily Kos to dictate the talking points .. it is not going to be much of a contest.

Which might paint me more partisan than I am. I'm conservative, but not rabidly partisan - I want a poltical process that works above all else and damn political theory.

I want a government that can take out the trash, keep the streets clean and provide rule of law. I want the phrase "Loyal Opposition" to come back into vogue.

I might be disapointed in 2006. Here is to hoping I'm not.

MAH said...

I truly hope the Dems do not have a plan. Plans by parties, IMHO, are bad. What I want is gridlock, with 2 parties managing to eek out the very basics of minimalist government and no more. In my time as a sentient voter, I have only seen this work when the president and most of the congress are of different parties, and different talking points.