Sunday, September 11, 2005

1461

It's been 1461 days since several of my friends, my company, and my job were wiped from the face of the Earth. That is more time than the entirety of World War II from Pearl Harbor to VJ day, yet OBL is still free.

Every 9/11 I remember the strange set of events on 9/10 which resulted in me flying the last flight out of NY that night and sparing my life (having blown off a meeting scheduled there with HP the next day). At Sibos last week I met with Joe Lott, the head of that particular HP team who's life was also spared by a similarly weird set of coincidences (he ripped his shirt at 8:00 and was downstairs in the 21st Century store buying a new one when the plane hit wiping out his entire team). Neither of us understands why OBL is still enjoying his freedom. If you can rationalize the failure of the president and his cabinet to find and destroy this man, and you are not reading from GOP talking points, I invite you to comment below. I reserve the right to delete any comments that have their origin in the ass-covering offices of Mr. Rove.

No comments: