Friday, October 07, 2005

Geoff Was Right

Geoff often complains that I only blog abou thim when it makes him look foolish or silly. That's not my intent, but I think that might be somewhat true becuase he's often hilarious under pressure.

So in the spirit of Fair and Balanced I want to point out that he told me to buy some AOL stock thinking that this would be true. And it looks like he's right!


The world's largest software maker Microsoft (Quote, Chart) and media titan Time Warner (Quote, Chart) are exploring the possibility of merging the MSN Internet portal with the America Online unit of Time Warner, according to a source familiar with the talks.

Redmond, which is said to have initiated the talks earlier this year, is interested in buying a big stake of the struggling online business, possibly leaving the two companies equal partners in a venture that would make for the world's largest Internet company.

However, they appear to be discussing numerous possibilities, including combining their respective Internet search businesses, instant messaging and online advertising.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

See, I dont see anyone making "Geoff was a dope" posts

-Son