Friday, January 06, 2006

Lernout & Hauspie

A very well done Wall Street Journal Article on my old company.

And it has it's own Wiki entry (I love Wiki!)

FTR, while I've heard the SK story about Duerden and Soe from a number of people, I have never believed it. It all just happened to take place when Duerden was there and his reaction as an executive in a multibillion dollar comapny was not, "call the police" but instead was, "flee the country!". Nope. It just doesn't ring true to me.

The next year Mr. Bastiaens was out as CEO of Quarterdeck, having presided over a series of disastrous acquisitions at the company, which was taken over after its stock plunged. He quickly found a new job. He became president of L&H.

I quit in 1998 because I couldn't stand Gaston. It wasn't cultural, he was just a sleeze.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

FLV... "stupid Flanders"