Saturday, December 01, 2007

Beowulf

The reviewer can state, without hyperbole that;

Beowulf the movie, based on the epic poem of the same name, is quite probably the most heinous culprit for stealing childhood from children ever made.

How can I *not* go see this??????

also:
I have read lots of poems but never have I seen nudity in a poem...

Addendum:
I had forgotten how mcuh I enjoy the CAP Ministries. From this review of the new Mr. Magoo movie, which they liked (bolding mine):

The only content applicable to this investigation area is Natalie Portman wearing a dress that exposed a large gap over her chest. Such a display of skin normally not seen is clearly sexual: clearly intended to tease, to incite lust in the male viewer. If she had worn a dress that covered the gap, the Sexual Immorality investigation area score would have been 100. Sure, some highfalutin, high society performers wear such clothing for such affairs, but does that make such a cultural-specific display acceptable? If you think "Yes" then the fact that some cultures eat other people makes it acceptable since it is a cultural-specific behavior. Don't argue with me about what is morally acceptable. Argue about it with God. He will give you a much better Answer than I ever could. [1Cor. 8:9, Matt. 5:28]

The review should be docked for violence. Against logic.

1 comment:

Brian Dunbar said...

The graphics were uneven in spots but .. I liked it a great deal.

I am sucker for heroic stories, however; it would have taken a great deal of inept moviemaking for me to not like it.