Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Science is a Hot Knife Cutting Through the Very Sexy Butter of Religion

If you swap the points of view, I would agree with the Pope.

Also, I thought this was a level of deniability and delusion other politicians can only look at with envy:

Students and teachers at Rome's La Sapienza university – which was founded by a pope more than 700 years ago – cited such views when they protested so loudly during a papal speech scheduled for Jan. 17 that it had to be cancelled.

In particular, they criticized his views on science, saying a speech he gave in 1990 showed he would have favoured the church's 17th-century heresy trial against Galileo.

The Vatican said the protesters misunderstood that speech, made about 17 years ago when he was Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger.

Don't quote me, I was someone else! Also, if I wasn't, you misunderstood me.

No comments: