Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Impetigo

Yesterday I woke up with a little scratch on my face. It was a little tichy, and it seemed like it was in one or two small area. I scratched a little, but not too much and thought it was a strange little rash.

Today it was all over the side of my face and kept oozing a clear fluid, which then crusted to form a honey-like substance. Not good.

So, I called a professional thia morning, went and saw him and got a diagnosis. "You've got Impetigo, it's a type of staph infection." Eek! "Good thing you came in. Staph infections do awful things to diabetics".
Result: cream and Zithromax (the pills they usually give me when I need a root canal or pneumonia)

Worse news: it won't effect my trip to Columbia on Thursday. Damn!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My name is Wesley Brown and i would like to show you my personal experience with Zithromax.

I am 45 years old. Have been on Zithromax for 2 days now. I took this drug (generic azithro 500 mg bid) to get rid of an 2+ week old sinus infection that did not clear with decongestants and antihistamines. The drug made a substantial difference within 2 days. I'm a physician and needed to return to work, and the tiredness was just excessive, so I stopped the drug after 48-72 hours. The infection did not return. I would take this drug again if I needed to kill off an infection. I don't expect to feel good all the time. If a drug is making me healthy in a particular way, it's up to me to weigh that benefit against the cost of side effects.

I have experienced some of these side effects -
Fatigue. I just didn't want to move or get out of bed while on the drug; it was a bit hard to figure out that this was an effect of the medication rather than the sinusitis. Otherwise I was fine.

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Wesley Brown