Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Philadelphia Random Walk

Wherein it's revealed that Geoff's mother is, in fact, an actual mother:

Geoff:Things that used to terrify me now are nothing. The other day I went for a walk at about 1130pm and just walked around downtown and came back about 130am. Not really having anywhere to go, but just wanting to get out of the room for awhile. I walk through whatever Penn calls that park that borders Walnut st late at night too, usually after a movie or getting ice cream with friends. Just for fun I went from my place, to 42nd St, down a few blocks and back, again just to get out. Its pretty nice down there, mostly because its UPenns campus and they can afford to take care of things, but it also borders West Philly which isnt such a nice place in the daytime.

Becky: Ok... let me understand this..... You INTENTIONALLY go out at night to places that aren't "exactly" on my list of Places You May Go in Philadelphia?!?!?!?!? Son, is this like the "Well, I jumped out of the moving car and I didn't get hurt so I'll try a moving train next time" approach to life or what??? You want your mom to have stomach ulcers and gray hair??? I'm very glad that you are adjusting to Philadelphia life, but you gotta remember the rules....

1. ALWAYS cross with the little blinky guy. No matter what. 2. And walk in groups of 20. (It used to be
2, but like gasoline prices, everything is going up). Note that you do NOT need to hold hands crossing the street anymore, it tends to get you beat up.
3. Don't look like a tourist. (Learned this one from years in NY with your Aunt Debbie)
4. Always change your underwear......

No comments: