Thursday, August 02, 2007

Klielbasia, The Accordion Playing, Lunch Lady Drag Queen

Provincetown has a lot entertainment to offer, some of it unique, even to a world traveling, play-going dillitante like myself. So when I was handed a flyer for Kielbasia, by a tall, accordion wielding drag queen with a hair net, I was not taken too far aback. Normally drag shows can be funny and, as a class, I've never met a group with a faster, sharper sense of humor than drag queens. As some of you know my mother's parents are Polish, so Kielbasa, Accordions and Polkas are all part of my childhood, although I have never seen them presented in drag form before. So I bought a ticket for the 10 pm show and had a drink.

It's impossible to summerize her act here. Anything you can think of pales in comparison. Let's just say, if you see this, you'll never look at polkas the same way again...

No comments: