Wednesday, October 12, 2005

The Queen of Snark

I've decided I finally understand Maureen Dowd. I've been looking at her as a commentator, or a writer or a journalist and she's really not matched my definition of any of those jobs.

I get it now though, she's a comedienne!

Her take on the contents of Harriet's papers, should any be released from the Administration, based on the birthday greetings which have so far been released is at least funny in concept.

August 2001 "Thank you so much for letting me bundle up and drag away the brush that you cut down today. And if I might add, Sir, I've never seen a man wield the nippers so judiciously. It was awesome! You are the best brush cutter ever!!"

September 2001 "I found out today that you handed down a decision for the White House mess to offer three different kinds of jelly with its P.B.&J. sandwiches. Sweet!! As you know, I'm the only member of the staff who eats three meals a day in the mess. Now I get to have a different type of jelly at every meal! The mess is blessed to have a president who cares so much. I know I'm probably just flattering myself, but I like to think that you are thinking of me, also. (Smile.)
"P.S. Can you believe Condi cares more about W.M.D.'s than P.B.&J.'s?"


well, concept, if not execution.

No comments: