Tuesday, September 20, 2005

I Am Not a MacArthur Genius

I can honestly stay I would never have thought of this:

David Plotz crunched the numbers to find out who is most likely to get the unexpected call announcing the fellowship. The verdict? "All the rules suggest that the perfect MacArthur genius is still out there: a one-named Berkeley professor who choreographs interpretative jazz dances about how genetically modified food will destroy humanity."

I once invented a way to do surface integrals on a Mobius strip, worked out how to keep the North Koreans from cheating on the NTBT using crypto, invented my own non-Euclidean geometry, co-authored a paper on (so-called these days) Horvath-Arabadjis Polynomials and worked with gas-phase fractal chemistry. I have a measured IQ almost a sigma above Weschler genius level. However, I am clearly barking up the wrong trees.
Maybe I could invent a crime-solving cheese-based dessert, or a theory of economics based on the consumption of prunes... ... wait... that's Reagenomics. shit.

No comments: