Friday, September 23, 2005

Looking Backwards Update

Speaking of my project, here's a quick update:
I've had to re-write a lot of the first couple of years because events have overtaken them but I think it's back on track. I also re-wrote a bunch of events in 2010, same outcome, different rationale.
2010-2020 still needs a little work to establish the events in 2020-2024, but the outline is there.
I'm still looking for a good name for the American Catholic Chruch, suggestions welcome.
I worked out the physics of the Chinese cis-lunar station and it works fine. I'm going to do a design soon for the paper.
2020-2030 is still rough but taking shape.
2030-2040 now has some newsworthy events
2040-2090 is still light, although I think I see where to take it
2095-2155 is surprisingly solid. Since I know the ending, I've put a lot of work into it. I got to invent a new term, nanokinesis, and I have a character in the 22nd century around which I can build the story. I've settled on a name: Geronimo Collins

I spent a little time on the graphics and formatting, which is now better, but I still need to engage a professional. I'll probably be ready for that in October.

1 comment:

Brian Dunbar said...

I'm still looking for a good name for the American Catholic Chruch, suggestions welcome.

I am not sure what happens to create something like that, but you might take a clue from what Henry VIII called HIS church when he broke with Mother Church.

Church of America? Catholic Lite. Catholic 2.0. Catholics R Us. Roman Catholic (Reformed).